FT- Reston, VA
The Sales Executive is responsible for general sales duties for StandUnited.org, the first open and free petition platform that allows individuals and organizations to engage and mobilize supporters on issues such as free enterprise, fiscal responsibility, and limited government. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, lead generation, small account services, recapture calling, and client research projects, as assigned. Sales Executives will be responsible for revenue generation and new business development while keeping in line with company goals, objectives, and strategy. This role is also responsible for developing and maintaining superior client relationships while consistently and effectively utilizing tools and processes provided for the successful deployment of the sales cycle. This is a full-time position working out of Reston. This position reports to the Chief Business Development Officer.
- Prospect and develop new account leads as assigned within target markets and department goals/initiatives.
- Process and integrate new accounts.
- Prospect and close cold accounts as assigned.
- Conduct market research and identify decision makers in target accounts and markets as assigned.
- Lead by example in the implementation of sales strategies and contributions to team-selling efforts to close business on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Effectively manage multiple customers and opportunities.
- Ensure proper execution of pricing, promotional programs, and insertion orders.
- Provide feedback to leadership and marketing regarding ongoing strategies and promotions.
- Consistently input customer activity into Salesforce to capture measureable and informative data as well as track customer status.
- Effectively communicate with customers and colleagues to maintain the highest level of customer service and promote process efficiencies.
- Ensure the promotion and maintenance of our product’s value, standards, and quality.
- Travel for client meetings, conferences, trade shows, and other activities as assigned.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Marketing, Communications, or a related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in sales and/or business development in the public affairs and advocacy industry
- A passion for the ideals of free markets and limited government
- Conservative political campaign or legislative experience a strong plus
- Experience at agencies in the advocacy space a plus
- Experience or knowledge with online advocacy practices and tools
- Technical proficiency in the area of web-based applications
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong client service and relationship management skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual able to complete assigned tasks within appropriate timeframes in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Eager to learn and curious by nature
- Works well in collaborative, innovative environment
- High standards of integrity, responsibility, and respect
- Positive, optimistic, enthusiastic, and committed
To Apply: Please email your resume AND a custom cover letter to [email protected]. The subject line should state, “Sales Executive — StandUnited” to be considered for this position.